Who We Are
The Winnetka Parks Foundation (WPF) is an official 501c3 nonprofit organization, established in 1999 to enrich our village parks, beaches, recreational activities, and community events. In partnership with the Winnetka Park District and other entities, the WPF also coordinates and sponsors youth programming events to engage underserved communities, extending our outreach beyond the Village of Winnetka.
Interested in Joining the WPF Board?
Beyond generous donations, one of the most valuable gifts you can give is your time. We’re always looking for new board members and volunteers, and would love to have you on our team.
If you are interested in learning more about Winnetka Parks Foundation board opportunities, please click the button below, enter your contact information, and we’ll be in touch to provide you with more information.
Established in 1904, the Winnetka Park District purchased the first parcel of land to be dedicated to open park space. Over the next century, through donations and purchase acquisition, open space has increased to over 240 acres. Spread throughout the community, 27 park sites comprised of a community park, neighborhood parks, play lots, passive parks, and linear parks offer a wide variety of recreation opportunities for the residents of Winnetka.
Recreation opportunities include A.C. Nielsen Tennis Center, Winnetka Golf Club, Skokie Playfield Complex, Winnetka Ice Arena, Winnetka Platform Tennis, the Green Bay Trail, a boat launch, and four swimming beaches.
With financial support from community residents and in partnership with the Winnetka Park District, the Winnetka Parks Foundation has made a substantial impact on our Village highlighted by these recent, selected list of gifts below:
- Assists annually in funding the Memorial Day and July 4th celebrations at the Village Green and Skokie Playfield Fireworks.
- Provided funds to renovate the Tennis Hut to create a gathering space for Tennis patrons to enjoy the company of family and friends.
- Sponsored the installation of two new Platform Tennis Courts that are now considered some of our Park District’s winter jewels.
- Purchased a portable movie screen for the very popular “Movies in the Park” summer programs at the beaches and Hubbard Woods Park.
- Sponsored the purchase of refrigeration equipment to create the “Pond on the Green” for +80 days of free and unstructured outdoor skating and hockey.
- Funded improvements to the driving range to enhance the experience at the Winnetka Golf Club (18-hole Championship and Par 3 9-hole).
- Installed free Public WiFi service at high-traffic park facilities including the Tennis Center, Ice Arena and the Golf Clubhouse.
Beyond generous donations, one of the most valuable gift you can give is your time. We’re always looking for new board members and volunteers, and would love to have you on our team. If you are interested, please click the button below to provide us with more information.