Winnetka Parks Foundation
The Winnetka Parks Foundation (WPF) is an official 501c3 nonprofit organization, established in 1999 to enrich our village parks, beaches, recreational activities, and community events. In partnership with the Winnetka Park District and other entities, the WPF also coordinates and sponsors youth programming events to engage underserved communities, extending our outreach beyond the Village of Winnetka. Through generous donations from community members, the foundation has raised more than $1M to help fund key Winnetka Park District projects and events through:
Whether it be signature special events or various giving campaigns, we raise funds for Winnetka Park District projects that enhance our community’s parks, beaches, recreational opportunities, and outreach programs.
Our major gift giving and naming right opportunities create a lasting legacy for you and your family, in support of special projects, parks, beaches, facilities, and Winnetka Park District programs and events.
Our signature events celebrate our community while raising funds to support the Winnetka Park District. These events include our Wednesday in the Woods evening concerts, the annual Fourth of July fireworks, Fall Fest, among others.
We believe outreach should be at the center of our community with a focus on supporting underserved areas. This is done through programming designed to engage underserved neighborhoods and connect communities in a positive way.
Who We Are
Established in 1904, the Winnetka Park District purchased the first parcel of land to be dedicated to open park space. Over the next century, through donations and purchase acquisition, open space has increased to over 240 acres. Spread throughout the community, 27 park sites comprised of a community park, neighborhood parks, play lots, passive parks, and linear parks offer a wide variety of recreation opportunities for the residents of Winnetka.
Recreation opportunities include A.C. Nielsen Tennis Center, Winnetka Golf Club, Skokie Playfield Complex, Winnetka Ice Arena, Winnetka Platform Tennis, the Green Bay Trail, a boat launch, and four swimming beaches.
The Winnetka Parks Foundation (WPF) is an official 501c3 nonprofit organization, established in 1999, to enrich our village parks, beaches, recreational activities, and community events. In partnership with the Winnetka Park District and other entities, the WPF also coordinates and sponsors youth programming events to engage underserved communities, extending our outreach beyond the Village of Winnetka. Since our founding, the WPF has raised over $1,000,000 that supported Winnetka parks, beach and recreational programs.
With financial support from community residents and in partnership with the Winnetka Park District, the Winnetka Parks Foundation has made a substantial impact on our Village highlighted by these recent, selected list of gifts below:
- Assists annually in funding the Memorial Day and July 4th celebrations at the Village Green and Skokie Playfield Fireworks.
- Provided funds to renovate the Tennis Hut to create a gathering space for Tennis patrons to enjoy the company of family and friends.
- Sponsored the installation of two new Platform Tennis Courts that are now considered some of our Park District’s winter jewels.
- Purchased a portable movie screen for the very popular “Movies in the Park” summer programs at the beaches and Hubbard Woods Park.
- Sponsored the purchase of refrigeration equipment to create the “Pond on the Green” for +80 days of free and unstructured outdoor skating and hockey.
- Funded improvements to the driving range to enhance the experience at the Winnetka Golf Club (18-hole Championship and Par 3 9-hole).
- Installed free Public WiFi service at high-traffic park facilities including the Tennis Center, Ice Arena and the Golf Clubhouse.
Attend Our Events
Our signature annual events celebrate community and help raise funds that support our parks. Join us!
Wednesdays In the Woods
Check back soon for 2021 information.
Annual 4th of July Celebration
Check back soon for 2021 information.
Sign up for our Mailing list
We may send an occasional note but no SPAM here.